Modern Marketing: two examples of companies that have chosen automation and customization
As we discussed in our last post, Marketing Automation will help us achieve our business goals by bringing in value from different areas. On the one hand, to establish stable relations and build greater engagement with clients, but also to modernize our marketing, scaling it up and making it “always on”.
We need to evolve away from campaign marketing to marketing in which we have conversations with clients” (Professor Mohan Sawhney, Kellogg School of Management).
But committing to automation means adopting a strategic decision and the need to have the support and leadership of management. This is the only way to overcome the various obstacles we’ll encounter prior to its implementation.
According to a paper by the consulting firm GetResponse, budget allocation (36%), the quality of the data (35%) and the knowledge of these technological platforms (35%) would be the chief hurdles.
Email Marketing and Marketing Automation Excellence 2017 report by GetResponse
In the same vein, Ascend2 in its “Marketing Automation Trends for Success (2016)” study underlines the lack of strategy (52%), the complexity of the solutions (42%), the poor quality of contact data(38%), and, again, the lack of knowledge or skills on the part of marketing teams (32%), as the chief constraints on the implementation of an automated marketing strategy.
Ascend2 “Marketing Automation Trends Survey” (2016)
The key role manufacturers must play for their channels to adopt technology and modernize their marketing
Manufacturers know their products better than anybody. So it seems natural to ask them to provide their distributors with relevant content for clients. Their experience means they know which digital tactics and messages work the best. Access to data and studies should be used to obtain insights into the client to guide partners in the right direction toward automation and customization.
The creation of digital campaigns with optimized content for the buyer persona and buyer journey or buying process, access to an own or third-party automation platform to enable partners to roll out and improve the measuring of results and the impact of the actions can make a decisive contribution to the modernization and digitalization of marketing for the distribution channel.
A notable factor in this scenario is the appearance of the Through Channel Marketing Automation (TCMA) concept. This is one of the most effective ways for manufacturers to head up automated marketing actions. And to do so based on plans and content that help their partners to position themselves with a unique, differentiating message.
Esofitec and Red Points. Two technology companies that believe in automating and customizing their marketing.
Case 1. Esofitec
The more customized, the more satisfaction. 94% of its clients would recommend its services
Esofitec is a consulting firm based in Lleida. It specializes in ICT solutions for consultants, HR Departments for companies and SMEs.
With automation it sought to offer a customized service, ensure that its installed base was always up to date with new developments, especially in legal matters, and that it would receive this information 100% customized. In addition to acquiring new clients, which required as the key factors “having a detailed knowledge of the customer to offer the right message at the right time, and knowing the impact of our actions.”
Some of the chief benefits of which are:
- Better knowledge of its clients and prospects to offer a more customized service. Increased client satisfaction and loyalty. According to its survey, 94% of its clients would recommend its services.
- Improved automation of forms has led to a reduction in errors and execution times. Improved nurturing process of leads.
- Improved alignment between Marketing and Sales.
- Ability to easily leverage the information on marketing activities, clients, etc., thus enhancing the effectiveness and impact of future actions.
- Greater visibility of actions taken and client response.
Case 2. Red Points
It has increased traffic to its website fourfold and tripled the number of sales opportunities
This is a company based in Barcelona and engaged in protection of content against piracy and product counterfeiting. Its chief aim was to expand its database with the help of automation software. They used multiple non-integrated tools which hindered obtaining data on return and impact of actions.
Their figures since its implementation have been more than positive. They have increased their website traffic fourfold and tripled their sales opportunities, generating 1,000 leads a month.
Some of the chief benefits are:
- Greater internal alignment. Redesigning of its marketing strategy. Definition of flows and processes. Study and creation of buyer personas.
- Improved skills through team training.
- Reduction of the churn rate of subscribers. Improved involvement and commitment of prospects thanks to the creation of more relevant content for buyer personas and its adaptation to the sales bottleneck stage.
- Increased number of visitors and leads. Improved closing rate of leads.
- Greater synchronization of the information, enhanced analytic capability.
We trust you have found this article interesting. If you’d like to discover more about how technology and automating your sales and marketing processes can help your organization, do not hesitate to contact us.